Tuesday, November 13, 2007

ZOE STRAUSS STARTS A TRUST FUND FOR YOUNG FILMMAKERS

Zoe Strauss is starting up a trust fund for young filmmakers by selling limited edition prints on her website.

The film that started it all is the Zoe Strauss documentary If You Break the Skin You Must Come in ( website here) which must be excellent because when I went to go see it the other night this many people were there:




. . .and it was all sold out so me and the Fabric Horse blogger, Mary, who also showed up, went to go see The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford instead, and all I have to say about that is this.

1 comment:

ZS said...

Hey Annette... thanks for the shout out! I was very saddened to hear about the demise of the incarnation of the art in the age that I knew, I support your work and all the effort the real workers put into it and I celebrate this new sensibility! You are great!

And sorry that you couldn't get in...the film was pretty good and the kids were great- smart, proud and honest. I couldn't have been prouder of them.

The guys that helped to make the film need cash a lot of the time and they have very limited resources... I can't wait to have an emergency fund that can be a safety net for them.

and on a completely different note, I am watching Star Trek and Kirk and Spock just had to get away from a house cat that turned into the size of a horse!

With love,
ZS