Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jennifer Bartlett at Locks Gallery



Jennifer Bartlett
From Rhapsody to Song
Locks Gallery
April 18-May 24th 23!, 2008


I haven't really ever followed the work of Jennifer Bartlett but Edith Newhall has and was able to publish a quick account of her thoughts in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Without any sense of history what I saw at Locks looked almost like dots drawn on graph paper (in reality the graph paper was an enamel painting on a baked enamel steel plate). My mind didn't care if there was any sort of graphing actually being done and didn't look for a higher purpose besides beauty. I'm pretty sure my brain started functioning at a higher level in the atmosphere created by the work. Someone should really look into outfitting a reading room with painting of this type.





No comments: